Drosera spatulata, or Spoon-leaved Sundew, is a sundew speices that is found in a wide range from Asia down to Australia. Upon maturity, it develops more reddish colors. The plant is around 2" in diameter upon maturity and is suitable for catching small gnats.
This tropical Sundew plant terrarium, with green leaves and red dew under sunlight, loves to multiply. Our Sundew grows in an ecosphere that contains all the necessary nutrients to grow and thrive. No watering or insect feeding is needed. Now you can turn your living space into an indoor garden with this adorable, convenient-sized and maintenance-free Sundew terrarium!
Once the sundew grows too large for the container, you can open the glass, take it out using tweezers, and plant it in carnivorous soil (we sell a soil kit). By this time your sundew will have divided to many plant clusters while increasing in height and claw size. This plant is MUCH easier to transplant than our Venus Flytraps because it is not picky about humidity conditions. Once the plants are out of the gel and in soil, it stop dividing into more plants and focus energy on growing larger.
Sundew (Drosera spatulata), carnivorous terrarium, spoon-shaped leaves
- Baby Sundew (Drosera spatulata) in transparent medium.
- Lives in a 2.0" (D) x 2.5" (H) self-sustaining glass dome. No watering or insect feeding is needed.
- 4-6 months lifespan in the jar.
- The plant can be transplanted at any time.
- 90 days healthy plant guarantee. Free heat pack in winter shipping.